Please remember that this is a recreational league so adjust your game management accordingly. Follow the rules but be lenient and have some fun while the kids are having some fun.
City of Lawndale requires proof of auto insurance coverage from all contactors who work in the city. As Independent Contractors, each referee who works the Lawndale league needs to send in a copy of his/her Auto Insurance card tot he City. Please send a copy of your card to:
Community Services Department
City of Lawndale
SSBRA League Point of Contact – Steve Morgan
All divisions City of Lawndale Youth Soccer Games are played at Rogers/Anderson Park, 4161 W. Manhattan Beach Blvd., Lawndale (map link). The entrance to the park is difficult to find if you have not been there before. The entrance to Rogers Anderson Park is off Manhattan Beach Blvd., just east of Freeman Avenue on the north side of Manhattan Beach Blvd. Freeman Avenue is one signal light east of Hawthorne Blvd and you can see the entrance on your left just after Freeman Avenue. If you are traveling west on Manhattan Beach Blvd, the entrance is just before you get to Freeman Avenue and will be on your right.
- Rules, all Divisions
- NEW: Lawndale changed the time between matches for the 11 – 12 Division and 13-17 Division to 75 minutes so these matches once again have 30 minute halves.
- NEW: NO SLIDE TACKLES FOR DIVISIONS AGE 10 AND UNDER
- NEW: NO HEADINGS FOR DIVISIONS AGE 10 AND UNDER. This is an infraction of the rules of play and the match is restarted with an indirect free kick from the point of the infraction unless the infraction occurs be the defending team inside the goal area. It that case the IFK occurs at the goal line parallel from the point of the infraction.
- 11-12 Division and up use size 5 balls
- For the 5-7 Division Off-Side “is not strictly enforced.” Allowing the referee to enforce offside only if she/he felt the players were taking advantage of being in an Off-Side position.
- For playoffs Only; matches ending in a tie at the end of regular time go straight to FIFA Kicks From The Mark
- NEW: All Referees must sign a City of Lawndale “Hold Harmless Agreement” document in order to Referee any City of Lawndale matches. If you do not want to sign this document you need to ask the SSBRA Assignor to remove you from Lawndale matches. This document will be at the Referee table at the field.
- Wear your SSBRA badge at these matches as the Lawndale league is not affiliated with USSF.
- You WILL NOT be paid at the field. SSBRA will issue a check for payment to the referee.
- Field Set-up
- Game Fees