“ZogSports is the co-ed recreational league that delivers the best mix of sports and social.” — From ZogSports.
This league is not affiliated with USSF: Wear your SSBRA badge.
IMPORTANT NOTE: MANDATORY Pre-Game Announcement: Referees MUST follow the script below before starting the game
- Santa Monica College at Corsair Stadium: directions.
- Call the SMC Campus Police at (310) 434-4300 to unlock goals if required.
- There is a charge for parking but to tell the parking attendant you are the soccer referee and they should give you a parking pass. Otherwise there is free street parking south and east of the stadium.
- Westwood Recreation Center: directions
- League website: https://www.zogsports.com/la/find-a-league.aspx
- SSBRA League Point of Contact – Chris Nevil
Game Format & Rules (may differ by Program or Venue):
- Game Format and Rules, Friday night 7 on 7, Playa Vista Bluff Creek
- Game Format and Rules, Saturday afternoon 8 on 8, Santa Monica College
- Game Format and Rules, Sunday evening_night, 8 on 8, Westwood Recreation Center
- Game Format and Rules, Thursday night, 7 on 7, Playa Vista Bluff Creek Park
- If your match is forfeit, you are expected to run a dual system on an adjacent match. Please review the SSBRA policy on forfeits.
- Score must be submitted by email within 24 hours to email@example.com
- MANDATORY Pre-Game Announcement – Referees MUST follow this script before starting the game:
- Made to both teams as a whole. Call in both teams (not just the team captains)
- Introduce yourself with your NAME
- Point out anything special about the field
- Ask a captain/leader of each team to step forward. Have each of them say three things:
- Their Personal Name
- Their Team Name
- The Charity they are playing for (we play for charities and not trophies)
- Announce any special League announcements (like if registration for the next season is open)
- Then rock/paper/scissors with the captains. The winner gets to choose “Ball or side”. The other team then get’s to choose the opposite after the first captain has made his/her choice
- End by saying “Let’s have fun”