Mid-City Academy League is a youth league playing on Thursday and Friday afternoons at Cienega Elementary School. They play 9 v 9 with 50 minute matches.
- Cienega Elementary School, Los Angeles, CA (map link)
FIFA/USSF rules are to be followed as modified below.
- Unlimited substitution at any stoppage with the referee’s permission.
- Match duration: 25 minute halves with a five minute half time.
- No slide tackling (award FK based on location, as described below.)
- No penalty kicks; an infraction in the P.A. by the defense results in an IFK 5 yards outside the P.A.
- No Direct Free Kicks (DFK) for attacking team within the area defined on each end by a yellow line crossing the field and the goal line, basically the last third of the field on each side. All Free Kicks awarded to attacking team within that area are Indirect Free Kicks (IFK) while the defending team my take a DFK or IFK in that area based on the restart requirements.
- On kick-offs, the opposing team must be behind the yellow line about 15 yards from the Mid-line.
- On goal kicks, the opposing team must be behind the yellow line about 15 yards from the Mid-line.
- A goal cannot be scored directly from a kickoff or goal kick.
- USSF Match Reports are required for all red cards and they must be submitted to the Member-At-Large within 24 hours after the match.
- Game Fees